26 May – 3 June 2012:
- Oban in the sunshine
- Fish and chips in Oban…two days in a row
- Hiking up Beinn Lora on a hot, hot day. Picnic at the top, with simply astonishing views.
- The tour around Oban distillery. Oh, the smells!
- Lovely accomodation at Lagnakeil Lodges
- Sitting around in the quiet, reading books
- The power station under the mountain at Ben Cruachan
- Finally getting Alex & Fiona in to see The Avengers!
- Gorgeous lunch at the Plumed Horse; catching up with Tony and Ian
- Visiting Pulp Fiction on Bread Street for the first time
- The amazing Pine Lodge at Archerfield
- My first (half) round of golf in… four years? Let’s not talk about scores.
- Private in-house family dinner with a personal chef
- A mince pie and a fudge donut on Haddington High Street while watching the festival parade go by
- Watching the kids skate and ride about at Space in North Berwick
- Full Scottish breakfast whilst hung over
Best of all: spending so much time with my family.