- Installed Thunderbird on the Mac
- Located my profile directory on the Mac: /Users/martin/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/XXXXX.default/, where “XXXXX” stands for whatever random combination of letters and numbers it has chosen for me.
- Made a backup copy of everything in this directory.
- Located my profile directory on the PC: C:\Documents And Settings\Martin\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\YYYYY.default\, where “YYYYY” is a different random combination of letters and numbers.
- Copied all files and directories from the PC’s profile directory into the Mac’s profile directory.
- Started up Thunderbird on the Mac…and everything works, multiple accounts, saved passwords and all.
I had considered using the Mac’s own Mail.app for email, but I think I’ll leave that for later.
Web browser-wise, I’m still flipping between Firefox and Safari, but with Opera now being free, I’ll probably throw it into the mix as well, and see what sticks.
Next major task is to get Apache and MySQL up and running, and install a local copy of Movable Type. It’s all looking rather good, right now.