As usual when I try to make these sorts of lists, I find myself overwhelmed by how little I actually need, or even really desperately want.
I’m very lucky.
My clothing sizes are:
- Tops UK size 12, US size 10
- Bottoms don’t even try – they never fit
- Shoes UK size 5 1/2 – 6, US size 8 – 9
Please do consult Martin before getting anything, to avoid duplication!
I am aware that many bookbinding items are excruciatingly expensive or a pain to obtain. If there is something you want to give me, but don’t speak enough binding jargon to obtain, I would be delighted to receive “money toward” any of these items. Martin has prices, if you want to do a price-based query (I’ll never know!)
- Japanese drill punch from Hewit’s
- Brass roll heating ring from P&S Engraving
- Single letter type holder from P&S Engraving
- Take me to Hewit’s and let me spend your money
- Farthing, by Jo Walton
- Modern Bookbinding, by Alex Vaughn
- A Craftsman’s Guide – Edge Decoration by John Mitchell
Specials by Scott Westerfield
- Star Trek, the original series box sets
- This is Spinal Tap
- A massage (preferably “Theraputic massage” at the Floatarium
- Dinner out somewhere nice, with childcare
- A jewelry box – preferably wood or leather – with multiple small compartments
- Hair ornaments – hair sticks, clips for extra-thick hair
- Chickens. Everybody needs more chickens.
- A bike. (or anything else from that site for the Third World)